We'd been getting a bunch of calls for something with higher gain but without
compromising the clean sound all of our amps are known for. So we went into
the shop, and didn't come out until this tone monster was done.
The Jacobs. Think of it as the best of that british chimey, clean amp that we
all know about, combined with a high gain M type amp but without the fizzyness.
Then, add our signature buffered effects loop, put it in our standard chassis, and there you have it.
Shown to your left, configured as a 50 watt head.
The Jacobs has the following features, some of which are not usually found in an
amplifier in this price class:
- Hand wired eyelet board construction
- Preamp sections driven by 12AX7's
- Independent tone stacks for each channel
- 12AX7 phase inverter
- 12AX7 powered Buffered Effects Loop
- 50 (EL34), 90 watt (KT88) and 150 watt Class D configurations
- Foot and panel switchable channels
- Independent channel Master volume
- Switchable output impedance (4/8/16 ohms)
- Global six way rotary voicing switch
- Global cut control for the power section
- Weighs in at 18 lbs for a 50watt head or 26 lbs for a 90 watt head
All our amps feature eyelet board construction on Military grade glass epoxy
boards (Garolite G10/FR-4). We also use the highest quality teflon coated wire, capacitors, and a combination of metal and carbon film resistors. As for our cabinetry, it's all handmade; dovetail jointed and out of Poplar or Pine.
More exotic woods are available on request.